Colour and Art
For me, color plays such an important role in our lives and generally influences our emotions, whether we realize it or not! It has the ability to influence our feelings in a way that few other mediums can.
Every time I paint, I am faced with colour choices. My natural inclination is to start with elements of red and orange. If I am to believe what 'colour experts' say, then the symbolism behind my choices are reflective of power/strength (red) and passion/abundance (orange).

Yes wait for it, there are also negative qualities associated here! This being aggression/defiance (red) and deprivation/frivolity (orange). In part this is true, my painting below "Just To Love You" is a strong reflection of some of two of these. (I prefer not to say which ones exactly!).

Colour research and planning is sometimes vital in producing a work which I would want to 'physchologically' stimulate the viewer. Other times I let the painting dictate to me what needs to be done and I become it's craftsman.

Yes wait for it, there are also negative qualities associated here! This being aggression/defiance (red) and deprivation/frivolity (orange). In part this is true, my painting below "Just To Love You" is a strong reflection of some of two of these. (I prefer not to say which ones exactly!).

Colour research and planning is sometimes vital in producing a work which I would want to 'physchologically' stimulate the viewer. Other times I let the painting dictate to me what needs to be done and I become it's craftsman.
No comments:
Post a Comment